Sunday, May 23, 2021

Lockdown spinning knitted

 I knitted several items from the Merino I got from Wollknoll.

I decided to post photos of some of them as it is good for looking them up in the future.


I has a Donegal Tweed pattern book for quite some time without ever knitting any of the jumpers or cards from it. As the lockdown proceeded I thought it might be a good time to tackle on of them using my hands-on.

I got a KG of green Merino from Wollknoll and spun it into an aranweight yarn and commenced the smaller size.

Aa it turned out, I had two problems: I didn't have quite enough to add the collar and I could not make head nor tail of the instructions for the front pieces. So I had to improvise. It turned out quite well despite this.                                                                                                                                                                                    




.



















My next item is of a more delicate nature; 

I plied a bright orange with a cream yarn giving spangled/marled effect thinner yarn  - about fingering weight. 

I really like this shawl pattern (will have to root about to find it again - GRR).





The next one is a chunky blend of pink and green knit into a simple shrug to wear as shoulders and short sleeve with a sleeveless dress.




Also chunky is this shawlette with glitter etc  - I like this one a lot. It feels lovely.




Several other things are round the place - some gone to good homes too.
Must find that shawl pattern.
Spinning and knitting was a great distraction in these days.
Bye for now.















                                                                                                            

No comments: