Sunday, August 5, 2018

Beginning a new garter-stitch oval matt

I've spun around 650 grams of my woolly sheep's fleece and spun and plied it to around aran weight.
The plan is to knit it into a garter-stitch oval shaped matt.

Her's a hank draining after being washed.

I've knitted a swatch and chosen dyes. I've done the maths and guess what? it's "off" as usual when I try to relate how much of each yarn needs to be dyed for each ring n the oval. Never mind, I'll dye-as-I go.
The centre oval is dyed and knitted:

 The dye is "red acre", centre in progress, now complete and measured.

I like this colour against the blue so I've dyed the next hank a deep blue colour.

Finishing drying on the swift, the next circle:

 
Here it is, wound to a centre-pull ball:




Ready to knit doube-stranded strip to add to the center-piece.
TBC





No comments: