Monday, August 27, 2018

Multicolor batt

I planned to visit Moat agricultural show August to spin along with another sinner, Grainne, as an exhibit there.
I decided to have some fun with a multi-coloured batt to spin on my Traveler wheel so I took out some of the ends of coloured fibre I had stashed for some time.

The plan is to from-card the misty grey stiff with smaller amounts of other colours and spin one spool then to spin longer stretches of solid colours and ply the two together (60 gas on each spool).

I did get the multi-colour batt spun at the show and half of the solid ones. I'll continue on to the plying stage then add some more photos.


COLORS TO MIX WITH THE MISTY GREY FIBERS


AFTER THE FIRST PASS ON THE DRUM


AFTER TH SECOND PASS ON THE DRUM
 I didn't want more passes as the colours might mix and I would have mud colour

No comments: