Monday, August 20, 2018

Craggauowen visit '18

Really enjoyed my visit to Craggauowen heritage site yesterday.
It was held in the castle for fear of rain - 'though it did not rain at all that afternoon there.

Plenty of visitors, spinning wheels, fleece and yarn crafts there and glad to meet other frequent fibre event attendees again.

Some photos:
WHEEL TALK


HAND-SPU HANKS

A GOOD DISPLAY OF FLEECE FROM DIFFERENT SHEEP TYPES




LIZ'S BLISS SPINNING WHEEL


NATUREL DYES


SPRANG

VERY LOVELY WOVEN RIBBINS MADE WITH A BASIC HEDDLE 
WHEN IN USE, TIED BETWEEN BODY AND A POST AND SHEDS MADE BY LIFING AND LOWERING HEDDLE

Also, I re-discovered how to spin with the stick-spinner I got from Ehe Feral Spinner while at the Roscommon fair this year. Thanks for reminding me Lindy - I tend to forget as I kinda can't believe it works - even when it does :).


No comments: