Saturday, January 22, 2022

GoldenFleece fibers and how I used them

 I sent away for (to me) luxury fibres from Golden Fleece Studios In Netherlands via their Etsy shop : www.etsy.com/shop/GoldenFleeceStudio.


First I got hand-dyed Merino?Bamboo 60/40:


Love this and lovely to spin.

Spun into a medium weight yarn with two plys. 

This got knitted into the body of a vest with my own sheeps' yarn for the rib (I like the firmness of the coarser diners in ribs):


I have been living in this vest for over a month now, with a long-armed T-shirt underneath.
I has been cod at times and I find only animal fibres really keep me warm (well old bones etc).
However, my poor vest cannot take all of the responsibility so I fancy knitting a second one.

SO, back to the Golden Fleece Studio for more luscious fibres. A necessity makes it so much easier to justify indulging an addiction ;) 0.

This time another blend - 





I got three of them this time.
All spun now and drying (well hopefully the dripping has stopped).



Malachi... drying


DAU fibers dring
Will knit soon I hope.

But in the meantime, the temptress sent me a sample of another blend. Grrr - this has all the colours I love most - so....


Plan to spin this on a drop spindle and ply with some cotton thread.
No rest for the addicted!


No comments: