Saturday, June 13, 2009

Missed WWKIP

Missed World Wide Knit in Public in Dublin :(.
One of my girls was limping so I had to inspect them all.
After round up, I felt I should give them all their shots etc so by then the morning was gone.
Joined them im spirit by knitting some cabled alpaca later.
It's an add-on to the doggie-down scarf - and I found that the combinatiOn of cabled alpaca and basket stitch gave a soft fabric which does not curl at the edges which is good to know.
Doggies are being brushed to the skin to get more down for spinning and dyeing!
However, they seem to have become competitive about it, one pushing in front of the other
for brushing even though they tolerated it only in martyred silence before.

Hope to add photos when the scarf is finished.

Trying my hand at core spinning - this is really fun!

Meanwhile, ball-making continues.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS YEARS FLEECE - NO! LEAVE IT, YOU'VE NOT FINISHED WHAT YOU STARTED YET!
Catherine

No comments: