Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Half-ounce spindles, dyed fleece, secretive animals

I love my handy spindles - they suit seated spinning and hold a 1/2 ounce of fiber comfortably . At about 18 wraps per inch size singles, they yield about 90 - 100 yards.
Here's four of them finished:

To wind the yarn off onto a swift,
 I enlisted the help of a shoe box.

I've dyed several lots of fleece - 2 - 6 oz - to spin into hanks of around 100 yards and use for a fairisle knit project.
Atilla the Hen seemed not to be laying this spring but then we spotted her in a dust bed behind her hutch sitting on a dozen eggs. We stole 2 or 3 a day.
But then.... noticed the INSIDE of the house - add 18 eggs to that!
Fallen through the grid!

Not the only hidden animal stuff - thought I'd lost a pair of twin lambs last week the day after they were born but they hid under the hedge.


 What's the next stunt i wonder?

8***

No comments: