Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dish cloths for Jen

Bought some cotton yarns to knit dish cloths for my daughter, jen.
She lives in NY and mentioned on the phone that she was "browned off" buying paper towels etc so I suggested make some dish cloths for her and send them over.
I don't think wool would work here so I went to a yarn store (K1P1 in Mullingar) and bought 2 yarns - Tivoli Cruise Aran - 13 wii, 100 gm, 100% cotton in off-white color and 50 mms of Sirdar Simply Recycled cotton rich aran in green.
Ballband dish cloth pattern (Ravelry)

Grandmothers favorite pattern (Ravelry)
Kitchen Cotton dish cloth from the internet - Rows 1 and 2: Knit across all stitches.
Rows 3 and 4: K 2, *K 1, P 1, repeat from * across to last 2 stitches, K 2. This is my favorite.

I'v put these in the post today.

*********************

1 comment:

Jenn said...

They look great Mum:)